[Tried & Tested] Melt Hearts With The All New Too Faced Love Palette

| |
Hi Huneybees,


“Every great love starts with a great story...You are the answer to every prayer I've offered. You are a song, a dream, a whisper, and I don't know how I could have lived without you for as long as I have.” -  Nicholas SparksThe Notebook 
I'm getting super psyched as September draws nearer and nearer, not only does it mean it's time for my birthday celebration, it's also time for Autumn. To me, Autumn equals time for a slightly heavier hand on makeup, I can start using my darker shades of eye colour and lipsticks. YAY!!!!

So, following my previous posts on the new Too Faced products, here's another to fall in love with - The Love Palette. 15 silky eyeshadow shades in shimmer, pearl and matte finishes,  passionately made for you to create your very own Fall/Winter love story with endless eye look combinations.


Utilizing a new formula - Slurry Powder Technology, these shades are a hybrid between cream and powder, which applies smooth and creamy with a hint of frost for some of the shades. Looking up the dictionary, "slurry" is pretty much a term used during construction, being the thin liquid mixture that has finer particles of powder giving the appearance and texture of a creamier, thicker consistency. It's pretty uncanny for Too Faced to be using this term for beauty products, but hey, it does work for this instance, coz this is what the eyeshadows felt like!

Though I'm infatuated with the shimmery shades, the matte shades were a little disappointing as they seem to be of drier consistency and apply on a little patchy. They certainly require the help of a eyeshadow primer or base.



I had to go around the sides to pick up the shades for fear of destroying those embossed little hearts, they send my heart skipping a beat everytime I "dig" my brush in. Splitting the palette into 3 shade groups, they are paired with illustrations that suggested with the 3 day to night looks - Pure Love, True Love and Forbidden Love. These look cards are hidden behind the mirror and serve as great "reminders" when you bring the palette out on your trips.


In the palette, you can also find a full size Too Faced Perfect Eyes Waterproof Eyeliner in Perfect Black. It has a matching packaging design like the palette and this pencil is the perfect finish for your eye looks, with its creamy and easy glide-on formula. You can get the perfect wing tip eyeliner within seconds and with the smudge tip on the other end, it is easy to smudge it out for smoky eyes. Its really long lasting and work well for those tight lining of the waterline too!




OK, back into the eyeshadow swatching. I bet the top favourite would be the au naturel nude shades from the Pure Love section, but my favourite for those electrifying come hither look, has got to be the True Love section with sweet pink and plum shades to make the magic work. The Forbidden Love section with its green hues might make things get a little steamy and mysterious, but green don't really work for my skin tone, I tend to look a little too matured, so I kinds steer clear of it...

Pure Love
From Left to Right: Cherish, Dearest, Adore, Desire, Amorous
True Love
From Left to Right: Smitten, Passion, Sweetie Pie, Romance, Obsessed
Forbidden Love
From Left to Right: Devotion, XOXO, Darling, Puppy Love, Everlasting
So, which are your favourite shades? I'm doing up a few tutorials using these new Too Faced products and tell me what would you love me to see ya? Do share your thoughts...


The Too Faced Love Palette will be made available in the Sephora stores in Singapore soon, but if you can't wait anymore, you can head on over to the Too Faced website and start purchasing them now! :)


You can read about their latest product launches here too:





 photo Signature__zpsdf69aa7c.jpg


Don’t forget to stay tuned to my blog / like my blog’s Facebook page / follow me @huney_84 on Twitter & Instagram  for the latest updates!




Blog Widget by LinkWithin